Spring has arrived! This year the fashion trends are endless, whether you’re feeling Boho, 90’s grunge or preppy in pastel. For fashionistas curious about what trends are blazing this season, now there’s a true on-the-ground temperature check from an everyday girl’s perspective to help us uncover what’s the best of the best and what’s going against the grain.
According to Wishbone App, a popular polling application where you can compare fashion, trends, beauty and more, over 5,000+ teens and millennial girls around the United States weighed-in on the hottest looks for Spring.
After analyzing the poll results, we’ve come up with 7 tips to help your wardrobe stand out in the coming warm months.
1. Opt For Bright Colors Over Pastel
Pastels in Spring are just so expected! Nothing says you can’t wait for Summer like a bright hue to catch your eye. 51% of voters chose the safer pastel look, leaving the remaining 49% to be the life of the party. Pair a bright skirt or top with a softer or darker colored garment to really nail your ensemble.
2. Bare it all in off-the-shoulder vs. cold-shoulder tops
Warmer weather means showing some skin and the shoulders are a good place to start. When choosing between off-the-shoulder vs. cold-shoulder tops, the majority 51% went with the more conservative cold-shoulder. Both options are great to ease into the warmer days, however off-the-shoulder will really turn heads at your next BBQ. Try an off-the-shoulder striped option or body suit to really stay on trend and pair with your favorite jeans or shorts.
3. Dare a denim overall vs. a romper
Rompers are a fun and flirty option for Spring, a different vibe than what you might think an overall brings to the table. In this poll, the majority 67% vote went with the cute romper than the trendier overall. Showstoppers should rock the overall – a definite statement piece. To bring that fun and flirtiness into the mix, opt for a printed or colored overall or an overall dress to step it up a notch.
4. Choose crochet over fringe
Spring equals festival season and festival season equals fringe. When comparing a fringe vs. crochet top, the majority 65% went with the fun fringe look. The crochet, a less popular yet equally as cute option lost with the 35% vote. Rise above the fringe and mesmerize in an intricate crochet pattern! Try crochets in long sleeve, in a cover-up, or flowy dress.
5. Block the sun with a baseball cap vs. floppy hat
Floppy or wide-brimmed Fedora’s have been everywhere it seems! When choosing between the two looks above, the majority 57% nixed the baseball cap and went with the more common wide-brimmed option. The celebrity inspired baseball cap is the less popular route, helping shine on those bright and sunny days! Spice up the celebrity-inspired look by wearing a printed or suede cap rather than an all-black. But be careful – a baseball cap is NOT a trucker hat. Those are a fashion no-no.
6. Choose Chokers vs. Layered Necklaces
The 90’s tattoo choker is still one of the trendiest accessories heading into Spring. When choosing between a choker or layered necklace, the majority 74% went the safer layered option seen above. For those looking to “wow,” there are various choker alternatives to the 90’s tattoo style if that one isn’t for you. Go with a charmed, flowered or layered choker for extra flare available in black, silver or gold.
7. Wear Wedges Over Gladiators
This Spring’s hottest shoes will be strappy sandals – without a doubt. The strappiest of the bunch is the bold Gladiator look. When compared to the more vintage wedge option in this poll, it wins the majority vote with 51%. Both are bold options, however for a true fashionista looking to stand tall among the sea of Roman goddesses, choose a wedge to give you that edge. A total win would be a strappy wedge to truly wow the crowd.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Vanessa is the PR Manager and Content Creator for the app Wishbone. Wishbone is today’s most popular polling app where voters weigh-in and poll their friends on anything and everything including the hottest trending topics in pop culture, national news, celebrity feuds and fashion. Download Wishbone here!